Los Angeles-based performer Shelli Boone gives valuable information, thoughts and insight on life as an entertainer on the stage, in film and television and commercials. Her mission is to empower everyone,
especially young women, to follow their dreams without falter...

Monday, January 18, 2010

"Out West" Is Now Touring!


Great news! My one-woman show "Out West:Women of Plains" has been picked up by a couple of great theatres. First, I will be performing on January 30th at The Actor's Repetory Theatre in Burbank as part of their Solo Festival (Jan. 15 - Feb. 6). There are a lot of fantatic one-person shows in the festival and the audience gets to vote on the best ones. So if you haven't seen my show, please come out to vote for me! You can find ticket information at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/93945 or visit http://www.theactorsrepetory.com/


Then, on February 5th I will be traveling back East to Suffolk, Virginia to perform the show. I am very excited about this one, because my dad served as producer and lots of my family and friends will be there. The theatre holds over 300 people so I am moving up in the world folks! Ha! Ha! For information on this performance, you can go to http://www.suffolkcenter.org/


On February 7th I will be doing a special Black History Month performance of the show at Burns Middle School in Tampa, Florida. I am curious about the youth reaction to this material - racism, slavery, historical references. I hope they enjoy the performance, but I also hope it inspires them to learn more about lesser known heroes. Especially women.


So there you have it folks...I am literally taking the show on the road! :-)


Question: Who are your heroes?

No comments:

Post a Comment