Los Angeles-based performer Shelli Boone gives valuable information, thoughts and insight on life as an entertainer on the stage, in film and television and commercials. Her mission is to empower everyone,
especially young women, to follow their dreams without falter...

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Don't Forget to Take Time Out!


Since the beginning of 2010, I have been on the go! Trying to keep several projects moving forward simultaneously, while also doing housework, laundry, and paying the bills (ugh). Needless to say, my schedule is hectic. I am always saying that I wish there were more hours in the day.
Well, a couple days ago a friend came to me and said that she missed me. I laughed it off, and probably said something like "Girl, I'm right here!" But then that same day, my mom called from Florida and said that she hadn't heard from me in a few days and that she missed me too. It got me to thinking...
How many of us are neglecting our loved ones because we are caught up in the daily "grind"? As performers, we try to pencil in so many meetings, seminars, classes and other things that we sometimes forget to live our "normal" lives - having fun, bowling, going to the movies, going to the park, or just hanging out. After all, we are working so hard to succeed so that we can spoil our families, right? We have to remind ourselves to appreciate them now, to spend time with them now...not just when we reach our ultimate goal and have time to "relax". Because, let's face it, if you're anything like me, you are never going to just "relax"...you are always going to be striving for the next big thing.
So on Saturday, I stopped. I did nothing. No phone calls. No emails. No worrying about anything related to my career. Instead, I hung out with friends and had dinner with family. And it was great! Let us all not forget that we need time off, to enjoy life and the most important thing in it...people.

No comments:

Post a Comment