Los Angeles-based performer Shelli Boone gives valuable information, thoughts and insight on life as an entertainer on the stage, in film and television and commercials. Her mission is to empower everyone,
especially young women, to follow their dreams without falter...

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010 - New Lives and Fresh Beginnings for All!




Happy New Year Everybody! I hope that everyone brought in the New Year in a positive and upbeat spirit like I did! My December was wonderful - took a 2 week trip to Europe and Africa - learned so much about the history of Egypt and the Pyramids, the Roman Empire, Barcelona nightlife - just had a blast! It made me realize how young America is and just how much we all need to explore our entire world, not just our little corner of the Earth. Definitely going to be doing more traveling! I will share pics from the trip in future entries...


...because I had to share these photos first! Isn't she just adorable? This is my girl Chantel's new baby, Lotus, born on Dec. 26th. Looks just like her mommy. My cousin John's girlfriend also had a New Year's baby - little Gina - born on the 1st! And I just found out that another close friend of mine is expecting!


All these visits from the stork got me thinking...looking at these little tiny things with their whole lives ahead of them. That was us once. The world was our oyster - anything was possible. As the years pass, we sometimes forget that. Life happens. Responsibilities, setbacks, obstacles, trials and tribulations make us forget that we can STILL have anything we want from this life. It's never too late to live our dreams!


So for my 2010, I'm not making any formal New Year's resolutions like losing 10 pounds or cleaning out the garage. Instead, I'm making a broad commitment to remain positive, to keep living my dream, and to never give up! The world is my oyster - whether I'm 25 or 75. I hope you are all empowered to manifest your destinies, too! Blessings!
Stay tuned to this blog for information on all things to do with performing - please pass on to young women especially, I want to hear from them - teens, pre-teens, all the ladies! We are in this together and we need to support each other...




No comments:

Post a Comment